Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Your Side of the Bed

I open my window when it rains.
Because the soothing sound of the raindrops hitting my windowpane
Is more pleasing than the loud roar of loneliness.

And honestly,
I dread waking up in the mornings
Because I know that I will roll over to no one at all.
And be forced to wrap my arms around your pillow.
Funny how I have a king-sized bed,
But I don't have a king to share it with.

I'm tired of calling out your name
And not getting an answer.
I don't know how much more I can take of not receiving
The love and affection my heart desires.

Although you swear its not true
I sometimes feel as though my rank is number two.
Your career having all of you.
Almost as if you would rather feel the rush the stage consist of,
Than the red passion of my burning love.
Seems as though your married to your music,
And I am only the mistress.

And every time.
Every single time,
I see your bags pack,
My heart cringes.
And a part of me turns gray.
And I know you notice it
because you kiss me ten seconds longer than you did yesterday
Right before you leave me
To cater to your awaiting fans.

And that's why I make love to you the way that I do.
Because I have to schedule our love sessions.
So that's why I give you all of me
And leave your mouth wide open.
Because God only knows when the next time will be.

I see you trying though.
Because you call me every chance you get.
And text me throughout the day.
You even Skype me at night.
But trying isn't good enough anymore.
It's not the same.
I want to feel you.
I want to hear you.
When I wake up in the morning,
I want to be able to roll over and lay my head on your chest.
Instead of rolling over to no one at all,
Except the cold body of loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment