Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Am Your Woman

I am your woman
And you need to treat me as such.
I don't ask for much,
But now I'm demanding to be respected.
Cut out this foolishness that you do.
All these surreal lies that you tell me
Like my forehead reads "fool"
What business meeting has got you out until 12 at night?
And you continue to tell me the same lie
Even though I call your office and you don't answer.
You should really think of another excuse
Because that one will no longer fly.
Playing basketball with the boys you say?
Then why do you smell of Irish Spring?
What's that on your shirt?
Is that the red mark left by "Ms. Thing?"
And don't think I don't notice the absence of your wedding ring.
I gave you all of me.
Mind, body, and soul.
And all you do is chain me to misery.
But you won't keep doing this to me.
I DO know that.
I'll be damned if I go on your list of defeat.
The sad thing is,
This isn't the first time I've said this.
I feel like a record on repeat.
But you'll know when I get fed up.
Because it'll scare the hell out of the both of us.
When you walk in and your bags are packed waiting by the door,
You'll know that i've had enough.
Then we can go our separate ways.
Only because you betrayed my trust.
We can just lay our broken relationship on the filthy ground
And watch as it rusts.
But for now,
I am your woman.
And i'm tired of you not treating me as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment